We're Not Your Average Used Bookstore
At Once & Again Books, we really believe we’re much more than your average used bookstore. We’ve overcome the biggest shortcomings of typical used bookstores, the primary one being that they so often don’t have what you’re looking for. We believe we attract a better variety of used books into our store because of our buying/trading policy, and since you can never control what used books come into your store, we supplement our inventory with a broad array of the most popular new books.
We strongly prefer to have a used copy of a book on hand for you, rather than only having a new one. After all, that’s the strongest way we distinguish our prices from our new bookstore competition. Our book buying policies are geared to get us more of the best used books around:
1. We pay cash for the books that are hardest to find and hardest to keep in stock, while most used bookstores never pay cash. This attracts more sellers and more good books to our stores.
2. Our trade policy lets a customer apply the credit to purchases of new or used books, for up to half of the total purchase (which again distinguishes us from much of our competition, since they either don’t carry new books, or they don’t allow store credit to be applied to purchases of new books). We believe we attract more booksellers - and book buyers – to get books other stores don’t.
3. This cycle reinforces itself daily (the better books you have, the better books you get).
We Buy a Broader Selection of New Books
Despite our best efforts, we often don’t get enough used copies of the most popular books. So we buy new books as well, but not just those that are easy to identify, like newly released bestsellers. We also closely monitor our stock and sales trends, and buy new copies of the popular kids and adult series and authors, so we’ll usually have a new and/or used copy of, for example:
1. Adult fiction like the thrillers from Vince Flynn and Lee Child, the bookclub or movie releases like Water for Elephants, Little Bee, or The Help, the books by Diana Gabaldon, or the paranormal series from J. R. Ward or Charlaine Harris.
2. Kids fiction ranging from Junie B. Jones, Rainbow Magic and Magic Tree House to Pretty Little Liars, Wimpy Kid, or Percy Jackson.
3. Required reading from local schools, replenished almost daily.
With three stores in the Atlanta area, we frequently transfer books between stores to keep each store’s inventory as full as possible. And we place special orders for customers daily, typically with one or two day delivery and no freight charge.
We try very hard to have what you want, or get what you want if we don’t have it, because we want to be your bookstore. Not just your used bookstore, but bookstore, period. We always sincerely appreciate your business.